Recently I received an e-mail from a brother in Christ in which he referred to those leaders who control the various parties in the Churches of Christ as “power brokers”. Who are these people? They are the editors and staff and writers of party or sectarian journals, some elders, some prominent party evangelists and preachers. They are the ones who control and seek to control the rank and file through coercion, intimidation, and threat. They are dogmatic and domineering. Continue reading
- Question 33.) If everyone would just put aside their preconceived ideas and take the Bible for what it is, would we be in agreement in everything?
- For Your Thought 50 — Power Brokers
- “Called to be saints”
- For Your Thought 49: Myths of the Churches of Christ
- Question 32. What is Christ’s attitude toward any individual or group of believers outside of our own group doing good in his name?
- Bibliolatry, Churchianity, And Religiosity
- For Your Thought – 48 (Two Quotes Relative To Two Citations)
- Question 31. Where in the Bible does it identify the New Testament writings in a strict sense with the word of God?
- Robert Richardson and “Reformation”
- Question 30. Where did we ever get the idea that we should take the safe course?